Our History: Your Partner In Progress
Zicom Private Limited (ZPL) Story of Success
1978 to 1985: Starting Out
- Pioneer manufacturers of deck machinery for marine and offshore industry in ASEAN region. .
- In 1982, it achieved a major break-through in developing a 8 point mooring system of 60 ton winches with emergency release system for an American drill-ship operator, Petrodril Inc, who drilled for the Shell group in Brunei offshore waters.
- ZICOM collaborated with Sea King, Houston as well as Favco, Australia to build cranes locally up to 100T lifting capacity for the offshore industry.
1987 to 2000: Recognition and expansion
- Entered the China market to supply deck machinery to both Chinese and several Singapore based owners for vessels built in Chinese shipyards. Delivery tailored solutions for Chinese Rescue and Salvage Bureau, CNOOC, China Harbour Engineering Corporation
- Delivered over 150 shipsets of winches of 150T and above.
2000 to present: Innovation and development
- ISO 9001 Accrediation
- Awarded as Enterprise 50 Winner
- Listed in Australia Stock Exchange in 2006
- Zicom Group Founder & Chairman Mr Sim Giok Lak awarded E&Y Entrepreneur award in 2008
- Established a second Singapore Production Facility in 2009
- Developed winch with pull load capability up to 500T required for deep sea operations exceeding 1000m depth, covering the entire spectrum of offshore operators from coastal drilling to deep sea drilling operations.
- Delivered pipe laying equipment in partnership with such REEL IMECA for 660T Traction Winch System for 6000m depth Subsea Lifting requirements
- Conceptualize and delivered multiple sets of integrated 10-point pipe laying mooring winch systems for fast pipe laying system, with multi drive system totalling 7.6mW (regenerative electrical energy is utilized within DC bus to reduce operational power consumption by up to 40%). System is being deployed with Saipem for pipe laying operations.
2010 to present: Focus on Solutions supporting Environmental Sustainability
- Began journey into Clean Energy Solutions for vessels focused on Dual Fuel system combining LNG with diesel to comply with IMO 2020.
- 1st order for conversion of Diesel-powered Engine into hybrid Diesel-Gas.
- Conceptualized and delivered low pressure LNG Fuel Gas Supply System for tugs.
- Zicom celebrates 35th Anniversary in 2013
- Conceptualize and delivered hire pressure LNG Fuel Gas Supply System for ocean going freight, oil carriers.
- Development of drive solution for full electric, hybrid system, and fuel cell integration for the marine industry.
The Story goes on..